
Last night I found myself getting sick for the first time since my sleeve surgery. I guess it was only a matter of time as illness was all over my house the last two weeks... Well it finally caught up to me at around 10:30pm last night. I started to panic... What can I take... I usually live on Motrin 800s and Robitussin when I'm sick and now with my new stomach I didn't know what to take...
I started frantically searching for my phone hoping Dr. Alvarez was still tweeting for the night and I sent him a twitter message asking him if I could take my beloved Robitussin. Thankfully he said yes!
Today I started thinking to myself... I wish there was a list of the no no medications out there. I checked my Gastric Sleeve Book and it only said NSAIDS (non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs) are not recommended because they irritate the stomach mucosa. So I started searching for a list... and came across this list of the most commonly prescribed NSAIDS...
List of NSAIDsThis list of NSAIDs, Non Steriod Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, is important because many people may be taking these drugs not realizing that they are NSAIDs and that they may be putting their pouchies at risk.
Generic name | Brand name |
Aspirin | Anacin, Ascriptin, Bayer, Bufferin,
Ecotrin, Excedrin |
Choline and magnesium salicylates | CMT,Tricosal, Trilisate |
Choline salicylate | Arthropan |
Celecoxib | Celebrex |
Diclofenac potassium | Cataflam |
Diclofenac sodium | Voltaren, Voltaren XR |
Diclofenac sodium with misoprostol | Arthrotec |
Diflunisal | Dolobid |
Etodolac | Lodine, Lodine XL |
Fenoprofen calcium | Nalfon |
Flurbiprofen | Ansaid |
Ibuprofen | Advil, Motrin, Motrin IB, Nuprin |
Indomethacin | Indocin, Indocin SR |
Ketoprofen | Actron,Orudis, Orudis KT, Oruvail |
Magnesium salicylate | Arthritab, Bayer Select, Doan's
Pills, Magan, Mobidin, Mobogesic |
Meclofenamate sodium | Meclomen |
Mefenamic acid | Ponstel |
Meloxicam | Mobic |
Nabumetone | Relafen |
Naproxen | Naprosyn, Naprelan |
Naproxen sodium | Aleve, Anaprox |
Oxaprozin | Daypro |
Piroxicam | Feldene |
Rofecoxib | Vioxx |
Salsalate | Amigesic, Anaflex 750, Disalcid,
Marthritic, Mono-Gesic, Salflex,
Salsitab |
Sodium salicylate | various generics |
Sulindac | Clinoril |
Tolmetin sodium | Tolectin |
Valdecoxib | Bextra |
End of List of NSAIDs. *The above list of NSAIDs contains the most commonly used NSAIDs, not a complete list. |
No comments:
Post a Comment